Monday, September 13, 2010

post 3

Night falls quickly over Watershed Heights; almost as though it wants to get its job done and move on. Nobody wants to spend much time in Watershed Heights; sometimes not even the people who live here.
And on this particular night, I certainly didn’t want to be here. The rain was pouring and my jacket had too many holes to offer any real protection. Someone had parked a limo out behind the Vietnamese restaurant where I had spent the last hour looking for food. Vietnamese food was one of the few good things about being in America. Still, I missed Germany...
Königin had gone off to find herself food and I missed her. She was the only thing keeping me going now… now that Leona was gone. Gone. Forever. Königin was my last hold on her memory. Ever since that night she showed up, the night after Leona fell down the stairs… My fault. Very few things hurt as deeply as knowing that you killed the one you loved.
A trash can fell over with crash.
“Königin?”
My only response was a low chuckle. Then with another crash, Leeroy Jenkins ran off into the night.
Leeroy was a strange sight, running around with his clothes off. What allows a man to do that? Only someone with nothing to hide would do anything so free. I placed my hand on my side and felt the scar underneath. Lucky Leeroy. Anyone who felt bad for him was an idiot. That kind of freedom should only be envied.

No comments:

Post a Comment